Driver left purple faced after pulling over to assist injured 'animal' in road


(Image: Kennedy News and Media)

Ben Lilly become riding in West Yorkshire while he noticed what he idea to be a 'large cat' lying injured in the street - however turned into left guffawing at himself while he realised his mistake

A terrified dad-of-two said his 'coronary heart was racing' whilst he pulled over to assist what he notion changed into a big cat left death in the road.

Ben Lilly become heading down the A646 in West Yorkshire on Saturday morning when he noticed the distinct pattern of a leopard sprawled throughout the tarmac.

The IT consultant stated he remembered reports of other big cats which have been sighted within the place and turned spherical decided to assist the wounded animal.

He cautiously were given out of his car with adrenaline pumping, admitting he became reluctant to get too close as it could still were alive, fearing he should have his face 'ripped off'.

Being able to make our the creature's tail, he walked around the 'carcass' before realising the treasured life he had selflessly attempted to assist turned into in fact an abandoned onesie dumped by using weekend party-goers.

Luckily, Ben wasn't the handiest one to make the mistake, as many others admitted they had to 'appearance twice' when he posted about his embarrassment on Facebook.

Sharing photographs of the 'distinctive animal', Ben wrote: "Careful! Dead leopard in the road on manner to Halifax!

"Oh no, it's someone's coat from final night, cannot consider I turned lower back for this!"

The 40 yr antique turned into left guffawing at himself for the case of mistaken identity, as he admitted: "My heart become racing with a type of excitement.

"I notion 'is this a massive cat?' It could be an exceptional thing to locate.

"I saw something inside the distance as I was coming spherical the bend and slowed down, giving it a huge berth in case it turned into an injured animal.

"As I handed it, I seemed out the passenger's window and saw the markings on it.

"It had the tail bit on it too, so it seemed clearly real whilst I became riding.

"I thought 'wow'. You hear of those sightings of massive cats and around the Halifax area, there have been reviews earlier than.

(Image: Kennedy News and Media)


"I spun round where I should and drove lower back along. I looked again - it regarded real. I then parked at the back of it and looked from in the car.

"I got out cautiously, due to the fact I didn't need some thing taking my face off, but as quickly as I checked out it from the other perspective I started laughing."


Ben stated he took his cellphone out of his pocket, eager to seize his high-quality find to affect his girlfriend, before being pressured to take his mistake on the chin.

Coming from Halifax, he stated street kill is not a unprecedented sight and he regularly spots foxes, badgers and even people's poor pets falling victim to the traffic.

He lower back to the scene later to discover the onesie had been pushed onto the pavement and noticed that different drivers had commented to say the clothing had also stuck their eye - but none admitted to being 'silly' enough to stop.

For more Online News

Post a Comment

0 Comments